It doesn’t matter how good a bitter pill might be for a person; one cannot continue to swallow daily. Earlier or later, one would give up. Taste masking has enormous importance in compliance. And higher compliance often means more incredible health benefits.
Not everyone may like that verdant, earthy smell and taste of certain CBD products. Likewise, some individuals may not like the taste it leaves in the mouth after taking CBD oil, sublingual sprays, and other similar products. So, of course, one might use CBD pills instead. However, they suffer from low bioavailability and slow onset of action.
Fortunately, many CBD manufacturers would use terpenes as a natural flavouring agent. Terpenes not only enhance the flavour, but they might also augment specific properties of CBD, making them better.
Nevertheless, if you are among the people who do not like a specific CBD product, and do not want to change your favourite product, and looking for ways of masking its taste, there are multiple ways to do it:
- Snacks, chewing gum, and even Tic Tac may help mask the taste of CBD products. It is one of the most straightforward ways of taste masking. Chocolate is quite good at doing this job. Similarly, mint flavoured products like chewing gums can also help immediately neutralise the aftertaste of CBD products.
- Use mouth wash or brush your teeth. It could be especially a good way to counter aftertaste if a person takes CBD in the early morning or the evening. Toothpaste or mouthwashes are specifically created to freshen up the breath and neutralise aftertaste left in the mouth by food items.
- Drink something after it. Quite like snacks, another effective way could be drinking juice or coffee after taking CBD. Some people like to take CBD just before their daily cup of coffee. If you take CBD sublingually, first make sure to hold it below the tongue for about 90 seconds before swallowing it with a favourite drink.
- Take it with few drops of honey. Honey is not just good for taste masking; a small amount of honey a day may have other health benefits, too.
- Add CBD oil or isolate to edibles. It is another common way of taste masking. For example, use CBD oil as a salad dressing, add to your favourite beverages, food items, and so on. In most cases, one would not even feel the taste of CBD.
- Consider vaping. It may not be for everyone, but it might be a method of choice for many. One may even add CBD isolate to one’s favourite vaping juice.
Of course, one does not need to go through the hassle of taste-masking essentially. Many products have quite a neutral taste; others have added flavours.
It is also worth understanding that many CBD products have a specific taste, as they have added terpenes for enhancing their effect. It means that neutral-tasting CBD products may not always be the best choice. Similarly, although convenient to add to various food products, CBD isolates may lack the entourage effect.
Furthermore, CBD products nowadays come in various forms, from capsules and gummies to different edible forms.
Finally, a small piece of warning, choosing the right way of taste masking would depend on the type of CBD product one is using. If a person generally ingests CBD products, perhaps most of these ways would work well. However, when using a sublingual route, first make sure to hold CBD oil, isolate, spray below the tongue for about 90 seconds before swallowing it, drinking something, or consuming a snack.