CBD oil capsules are small regular pill capsules made of digestible gelatin that contain CBD oil extracted from the cannabis plants.
These days more and more CBD users are searching for convenient modes of administration, and CBD oil capsules can be one of the best options.
Before choosing CBD oil capsules, it is necessary to learn how they work, what benefits they possess, and how long the effects last.
How do CBD oil capsules function?
Ingested CBD oil capsules are absorbed through the intestine and sent to the liver, where they are broken down. Then the compounds are delivered to your bloodstream through which they move around the body to interact with the cannabinoid receptors of your body’s endocannabinoid system.
How long does it take for capsules to work?
CBD capsules should be taken orally by placing the pill at the tip of the tongue and swallowing it with purified water or any other beverage.
Usually, it takes about an hour to digest and absorb on an empty stomach. If it is consumed with food, the capsule needs up to two or three hours to properly digest and absorb. Depending on the percentage of CBD and THC, people should not re-dose for at least three hours after ingestion.
To experience the best results, it is recommended to take CBD capsules at the same time of the day.
How long may the effects last?
If capsules contain THC most people say psychoactive effects subside after about six hours. Other effects may last up to twelve hours. With CBD oil capsules that contain less than 0.2% that are dosage correctly, you will not feel any of the psychoactive effects of THC.
What is the correct dosage of CBD oil capsules?
The reccomended dosage of CBD should always be listed on the packaging or the product however it can vary from individual to individual. The recommended dosage depends on many factors, like body weight, physical needs, and tolerance. It will be up to you to find the dosage that you are comfortable with. As a rule of thumb start at a lower strength and dosage and work your way up.
CBD capsules containing full-spectrum CBD oil provides the users with many important nutrients1, including:
CBD capsules should contain only little amounts of THC that does not cause adverse effects, always check the ingredients and % of cannabinoids to be sure or request a lab report from your CBD provider.
What are the benefits of CBD oil capsules?
CBD capsule possesses a number of benefits in comparison with other CBD-related products. They are the following:
- 5 as you know exactly how much each capsule contains.
Are there any side effects of CBD oil capsules?
The users and manufacturers do not describe any severe adverse effects of CBD capsules. It is because these capsules contain a precise dose of compounds, and it is impossible to overdose on them if you follow the recommended amount and pay attention to the listed cannabinoids.
1. Welty TE, Luebke A, Gidal BE. Cannabidiol: Promise and Pitfalls. Epilepsy Curr. 2014;14(5):250-252. doi:10.5698/1535-7597-14.5.250
2. Blessing EM, Steenkamp MM, Manzanares J, Marmar CR. Cannabidiol as a Potential Treatment for Anxiety Disorders. Neurotherapeutics. 2015;12(4):825-836. doi:10.1007/s13311-015-0387-1
3. Russo EB. Cannabinoids in the management of difficult to treat pain. Ther Clin Risk Manag. 2008;4(1):245-259.
4. Kozela E, Juknat A, Kaushansky N, Rimmerman N, Ben-Nun A, Vogel Z. Cannabinoids Decrease the Th17 Inflammatory Autoimmune Phenotype. J Neuroimmune Pharmacol. 2013;8(5):1265-1276. doi:10.1007/s11481-013-9493-1
5. Birnbaum AK, Karanam A, Marino SE, et al. Food effect on pharmacokinetics of cannabidiol oral capsules in adult patients with refractory epilepsy. Epilepsia. 2019;60(8):1586-1592. doi:10.1111/epi.16093